A flag is a representation of a concept or an aspiration. It’s not merely a piece of décor; it is something to be treasured and valued. Many flags, such as the Gadsden or the ‘don’t tread on Me’, are revered for their heritage. These flags also signifies the selfless sacrifice of the people and the principles that the nation and its citizens symbolize.
The Gadsden Flag, fondly known as the “don’t tread on me” flag, is one of the most sough-after flags in the United States. Throughout protests on January 6th, 2021, demonstrators flew the flag at the U.S. Senate, demanding the president to hold onto power. More recently, this flag was also seen in ‘anti-lockdown’ and ‘anti-vax’ rallies, as people protested the Federal Covid-19 protection guidelines and laws.
Where to get the Don’t tread on me flags?
If you want to own this vintage flag, you can find it available in several online flag stores. However, before you start looking for a dont tread on me flag for sale, you must understand what it means and what it signifies.
You demonstrate strength, bravery, and independence whenever you purchase a Gadsden flag. The best flag is always constructed of high-quality materials that you can proudly display at each rally that you attend.
The history of the flag
The earliest documented usage of the Gadsden flag design was an authentic flag that dates from the Continental Navy’s first expedition, which took place in December 1775. Just before the navy sailed, South Carolina businessman and soldier Christopher Gadsden presented the captain of the navy, Esek Hopkins, with a variant of the flag for use as the private banner of his vessel.
Gadsden had drawn inspiration from Hopkins’ last post’s flag, the Providence Train of Artillery. On a gold backdrop, their flag had a writhing rattlesnake and the inscription “Do Not Tread on Me,” as well as an anchor, artillery, and the slogan “In God We Hope.”
The First Navy Jack, a rattlesnake-themed flag with 13 red and white stripes and the message “Don’t Tread on Me,” was first flown from the United States Navy ship in 1977.
The types of flags for sale:
The Gadsden flag has very great prominence in the history of The United States. As a result, there are so many different variations of this flag available both in physical stores and online.
The various kinds of don’t tread on me flags up for sale include:
- Don’t Tread On Me 2nd Amendment Flag – Revolvers 3 X 5 Ft. Standard
- Gadsden Indoor House Flag
- Vintage Original Gadsden Flag / Don’t Tread On Me Flags -3 X 5 Ft. Standard
- Vintage American Patriotic Gadsden Flag / Don’t Tread On Me Flags -3 X 5 Ft. Standard
- Gadsden Flag – Dont Tread On Me – (2×3, 4×6, 5×8 Ft) Standard
- Liberty Or Death (Black) Flag 3 X 5 Ft. Standard
- Gadsden Don’t Tread On Me – Hand Flag
- Texas Gadsden Flag – Don’t Tread On Me 3 X 5 Ft. Standard
- Don’t Tread on Me 1st Navy Jack 3 X 5 Dyed Nylon (U.S.A. Made)
- The U.S.A. Gadsden License Plate (U.S.A. Made)
- South Carolina Gadsden Flag – Don’t Tread On Me – 3 X 5 Ft – Standard