As constituents inquire about state guidance for unemployment protection privileges, healthcare, and COVID-19 assistance programs, corporate, government, and provincial companies’ remote services have been both surprised and destroyed by scams. In an atmosphere where fundamental services are done online but identity is still text-based, there’s an increasing need to guard your company against scams and misuse, while still giving robust performance and a positive user experience.
A robust technology, document authentication, can assist companies to approve the vital identity and verify high-risk payments such as unemployment or state privileges. Document authentication joins the hole between paper-based identity software, like SSN and passports, and the technological advancement we adopt to deliver constituent services.
COVID-19 crisis swift response opens up companies to identity scams
Government agencies moved swiftly with the COVID-19 pandemic support kits for people and companies. But with the several government businesses shut down during the initial days of the COVID-19, constituents transformed to agency platforms to present claims for relief.
Sadly, imposters were poised to curb the tide of enhanced online adoption with forged or fake identities to submit fake claims. Therefore, several companies showed assistance to scams by depending on old citizen information to distribute claims and funds.
● Thousands of transactions amounting to $1.5 billion in incentive checks were given to dead people.
Increased scams have led to the demand for increased alertness. Fraudsters targeted remote forms and identity procedures through online manipulation of document authentication services and holding compromised personal data across various accounts, as stated by the recent FinCEN board.
What is the identity document verification gap?
We see ourselves in a difficult place when it comes to document authentication. The United States has many nationally identified regulatory identity software trapped in the paper environment. People have seen advancement in opting for web-based applications but much less advancement with great assurance document authentication. This is why “document authentication is being actively targeted against us as the number one attack spectrum after year in the kind of identity theft”.
How do we end the IDV bridge?
Technological solutions that covered the fault of legitimate authentication solutions operated for a while but imposters have caught up. KBA, for instance, used to run well but with the mixture of identity theft and online platforms, the imposters usually have the keys to employ these devices.
Presently, advanced identity solutions can verify and approve identity document verification with enhanced performance. So in the upcoming stage of forming an identity more suitable for physical personal information such as passports and utility bills have to play a significant role.
Remote document authentication joins digital and online personal data
State agencies can use remote document attestation to achieve greater assurance of identity. Digital documentation verification adopts the unique characteristics of a smartphone possibly in mixture with a laptop, along with an administrative database of document templates to verify the legitimacy of the physical personal information also use liveness detection technologies to correlate a front-camera image with the image on the physical information to give an extra layer of authentication.
Enhanced use of document authentication will conduct a number of verification checks involving:
- Examining the document template
- Assessing the document for manipulation
- Evaluating the document for use.
- Evaluating identity risks involving synthetic identity scam.
- Matching document to image, and
- Verifying the document in use to detect scams.
Greater security IDV through document authentication
Companies should examine document authentication in order to guard their components as well as comply with their fiduciary duty to guard against scams, misuse, and harm. The importance of document authentication includes:
- Account enrollment: a primary step in customer onboarding
- An extra layer of verification: Higher assurance technique to instantly verify clients who enrol or fill in liveness detection channels.
- Examining manually: Verify users who sometimes experience manual review to minimize costs and abandonment.
- On-premise: Verify documents and collect a symbol of approved or rejection of documents in a few seconds. Recover stored documents to correlate to a user for future physical visits.
Streamline IDV using document authentication
International, national, and local government companies could take advantage of automating remote identity proofing using document authentication, involving:
- Minimize abandonment by managing consumer experience by employing personal information.
- Minimize exposure to fake and tampered identities during account enrollment, demand submission, or high-risk payment like new company filings.
- Give greater security in touchless payment.