How to Reset Canon Printer to Factory Settings Manually?
Canon printers are well-known for their printing speed and quality. Home users often prefer Canon printers due to their wide range and size. Canon printers are very easy to access as their interface is very simple. But still few people face some issues from time to time. Most of the Canon printer errors can get fixed by resetting it. When you get into an unknown error then reset Canon Printer to troubleshoot it immediately.
How to reset Canon Printer?
You will get a button in the menu of the Canon printer for Factory reset. If you use this option then your Canon printer will return to the factory stipulations. Now you again have to make all the connections. You have to connect your printer to the PC and then make all the settings.
Ink Cartridge resets
You may require to reset the ink cartridge while installing a new ink cartridge on your device. You must check the ink level of the previous ink cartridge before purchasing the new cartridge. Sometimes the ink level meter may show you false data. If you haven’t used the printer for a long time then the ink of the cartridge gets dried up. Instead of purchasing a new cartridge, use some solvent. Take out the cartridge and open the lid of the tank. Insert a few drops of solvent in the tank and mix it well. Now close the lid and reinstall the cartridge inside the printer carefully. But if the ink level is low then purchase a new cartridge or refill the ink.
If you want to get good quality print then always get an original cartridge for your printer. Third-party cartridges may not fit properly inside the printer and also ruin the print quality. Sometimes third-party cartridges also damage other parts of the printer. If you want to save money then you can also refill ink in your cartridge. But many people get into reset issues with refilled ink cartridges. If you get into any error then use the Canon Printer Reset Tool for troubleshooting your error. How to reset Canon e470 printer?
- Turn on your printer
- Now go to the menu
- You may get some on-screen commands
- Follow the on-screen wizards
- Now click on Device settings
- Hit the OK button
- Select Reset settings option
- Press the OK button
Now connect your printer to the PC and check whether your printer gets reset completely or time. Some users get issues while resetting the printer with this method. If you are unable to troubleshoot Canon printer reset error then you should ask the Canon printer technical team for help.
How do I reset my Canon Printer?
If you are unable to reset your printer by following the previous method then use the given steps for resetting your Canon printer.
How to reset canon mg2570s printer?
- Turn off your Canon printer
- Press the power button along with the Stop button
- Wait for about 10 seconds
- Now release the Stop button
- Again hold the power button and press the Stop button of Canon printer twice
- Wait for about 30 seconds until you see “O” on your screen
- Press the power button four times
- Now press the power button twice
Again tap the power button and turn off your Canon printer. Now your Canon printer will get reset. Now you have to reset the ink cartridge. Where is the reset button on a canon printer? Press the power button of your printer and pull out the USB cables. Now open the ink cartridge door of your Canon printer while pressing the power button. Now connect the power cable of your printer and hit the power button. Check whether your printer gets reset or not.
Sometimes you can get resetting errors due to outdated printer drivers. If your printer is running or an outdated printer driver then you may get into various errors. Check the printer driver and update the driver immediately. You can either download the printer driver from the Canon website or you can use the driver update tool. Download and install a secure driver tool from the internet and run the tool on your device. The tool will update all the outdated device drivers on your PC. After updating the drivers, try to reset the printer. If you are still getting errors while resetting the printer then you should ask the Canon technical team for help.
How do you do a hard reset on a canon printer?
The Canon printer also provides a hard reset option. This feature is very helpful when you are selling your printer or connecting the printer to a new device. After a hard reset, all the customized settings will be rolled back and your printer will have all the default settings.
How to hard reset Canon printer?
- Go to your Canon printer and press the reset button on the control panel
- The reset menu will be displayed
- Use arrow keys and navigate to Soft Reset
- Tap on Soft Reset
- Now press and hold the button until a Hard reset displayed
Hold the button for about 3 seconds and the hard reset function will start. Wait until the hard reset disappears. Now, your reset process is complete and your printer will have all the default settings.
Once you hard reset the Canon printer, now all the previous information is removed. You have to configure your printer like the first time. If you don’t know the configuration steps; ask a professional.
Reset Canon printer using the stop and power button
If you don’t know where is the reset button on a Canon printer then you can reset the printer using the stop and power buttons.
How to reset Canon mg3600 printer?
- Ensure that your Canon printer is On and connected to a PC
- Press the Power button and shut down the printer
- Now press the Stop button for about 2 seconds
- Press and hold the Stop button and press the power button for 2 seconds
- Now release the Stop button meanwhile press the power button
- Now again press the Stop button for 5 times
- Release Power button
Your Canon mg3070s reset is complete now. After resetting the Canon printer, you can reconfigure it with your device and take your printouts easily.
How to reset Canon Pixma printer?
Pixma is one of the most popular Canon printer series. These printers are good for the office as well as home use. You can easily set the printer to any device and take your printouts. If your Canon Pixma is showing any error, you can easily troubleshoot the problem by resetting it.
How to reset Canon g3411 printer?
- Turn On your Canon Pixma printer and go to Menu
- Use the arrow keys and select Device Settings
- Hit on OK and choose the Resetting option
- Hit the OK button and wait until the Reset process completes
- Now shut down your printer
- Press Stop & Power button
- Press and hold the Power button and release the Stop button
- Now press the Stop button twice
- Wait for about 30 seconds and ‘O’ will appear on your Pixma printer screen
- Now hit the Stop button four times
- Press the Power button twice
- Press the Power button and now turn off your printer again
When you turn on your printer, your Canon ip7250 reset is completed.
Resetting Canon printer ink cartridges
Sometimes Canon printers show errors when the cartridges are not installed correctly. To fix the error, you can easily reset the cartridges by reinstalling them. Go to the printer and shut it down. Now go to the cartridge slot and remove them. Clean the cartridges and reinstall them carefully. Turn on your Canon printer and now you can take your printouts easily.
List of printers:
- Canon mg7720 printer
- Canon pixma mg3650s printer
- Canon mf743cdw printer
- Canon g2411 printer
- Canon gm2070 printer
- Canon mf237w printer
- Canon mg2570s printer
- Canon pixma mg3620 printer
- Canon e470 printer
- Canon mg3620 printer
- Canon ts3522 printer
- Canon mg3070s printer
- Canon e410 printer
- Canon g2000 printer
- Canon g3000 printer
- Canon lbp6030w printer
- Canon mg2540s printer
- Canon mg2577s printer
- Canon mg3200 printer
- Canon mg3600 printer
- Canon mg5350 printer
- Canon mp190 printer
- Canon mp280 printer
- Canon mp560 printer
- Canon tr4500 printer
- Canon ts3150 printer