Canon printers are well-known for providing good and reliable services to users. But still, many Canon users face numerous issues while using the Canon printer. Canon G2000 error 5B00 is one of the common Canon printer errors faced by many users. This error appears due to ink counter overflow. When this error appears, the ink of your cartridge gets wasted. You should fix this error immediately.
There can be various reasons behind this error but this error mostly appears when you are using a foreign cartridge on your Canon printer. Third-party cartridges can cause damage to your printer and can affect print quality. If you want to prevent your device from Canon error code 5B00 then you should always install an original cartridge on your printer.
Some Canon printer users get this error due to the printhead. If your printhead gets damaged then also you can get the 5B00 error. Open your Canon printer and check for the printhead. If it gets damaged then install a new printhead on your printer. Sometimes the printhead gets dried up when the printer has not been used for several days. The dried ink on the printhead can also get you this error. You can use the clean printhead tool for cleaning all the dried ink on your printhead. Otherwise, you can also clean the printhead manually. Now try to print sometime from your printer to check whether your Canon 5B00 error gets fixed or not.
How to fix g2000 blinking 7 times the ink absorber full error 5B00?
The best way for troubleshooting this error is to reset the ink absorber to 0%. You can follow the given steps for resetting the ink absorber:
- Download the Canon printer service tool from the internet
- Install the setup on your device
- Now open the tool and check whether all the buttons and functions are enabled or not
- If not, then you should enable all the functions and buttons
- If the buttons are greyed out that means your printer has crashed or all the printer is not connected to your PC
- Search for the Ink Absorber Counter option
- Search for Counter value option
- Set the counter value to 0%
- Now click on the Set button
You will receive a confirmation message saying A function has been finished on your screen. If you get the error message; your printer is not in service mode. Close the printer and restart your device and then try to resolve the error.
Run your printer on service mode
Running the printer on service mode can also troubleshoot your Canon G2000 5B00 error. You can follow the given steps for running the printer on service mode:
- Press the Stop button
- Turn off your Canon printer
- Hold and press the power button of your Canon printer
- Wait for about 4-5 seconds until the blue light glows
- Now press the Stop button for 6 times. When you press the button, each time the color of the bulb changes. After pressing the button 6 times, the bulb glows blue.
- Release the Power button
The blue light will start flashing. Wait for about 30-40 seconds until the blue light gets stable. Now your printer is running in service mode. Connect the printer to the computer and check whether your error 5B00 Canon G2000 gets fixed or not.
5B00 error restoring program for Canon Printers
Restoring your Canon printer can also troubleshoot your error. When you get this error on your printer; try resetting the printer and checking whether your error gets fixed or not. Resetting the printer is very simple. You can easily reset the Canon printer by following the steps mentioned below:
- Turn on your Canon printer
- Press and hold the Reset button
- Press and hold the Power On button of Canon printer
- Now hold the power button and release the Reset button
- Press the Reset button twice while holding the power button
- Wait for about 1minute until you see the idle message
- Open the cover of the cartridge holder and take out the cartridges
Install the cartridges again and turn off the printer. Now close the cartridge lid and initialize your printer. Now give a print command to your printer and check for the error. You can also ask the Canon support code 5B00 for help.