What is a website, probably everyone knows. However, not everyone knows the essence of such a concept as a “website builder”. Let’s look at an example.
Suppose you have searched the internet for something peculiar and clicked on the link at https://tonybet.com/en/live-casino site. You liked it for its simplicity, colors, interface, the fact that you can contact support. It seemed to you wildly cool, but at the same time very easy to use, and you decided to make his personal page with similar features and design. So it is thanks to website builders, you can quickly and cheaply make your dream come true.
So, site builder – a tool with which you can quickly create a web resource, not having knowledge in programming. This is the main advantage. The essence of the designers is to use a set of templates for implementing various functions on the site. Using a constructor does not mean that all sites will be twins. As a rule, several modifications of the same template are offered: you can change the background, the color of the site sections, buttons; you can add images, change the layout of the fields.
How Is It Convenient? We Highlight the Main Advantages of Website Builders:
- Price. Designers can be free, but paid designers allow you to create a website at times, and sometimes dozens of times cheaper than from scratch in the studio. With a limited budget, this is a godsend for sites with simple functionality.
- Creation speed. To create a resource with the help of a designer requires a few hours. Modern services have a clear interface, and all the work is reduced to filling a small number of fields. Without the use of the designer, site development can take weeks and months.
- Website Loading Speed. As a rule, the designers create sites that are optimized for the sites they are located. This ensures fast performance. This is not always the case, but if you choose large, well-established in this area, the effect will be.
- Structuring. The site allocated blocks for clarity of information, you only need to fill them, without thinking up anything, not scrolling through a lot of scenarios of what and where to place.
- Lack of programming. Advanced Internet users can easily cope with the filling of all forms. Sometimes it’s easier and faster than on their own page in a social network. You do not need to be a programmer or look for one.
Builders Are Undoubtedly Good, but Not Without Disadvantages. Some of the Major Ones Include:
- Unification. The site is created on the basis of ready-made templates, and often it is impossible to make it unique (remove/rearrange some blocks). It’s quite possible that on the Internet there already exist or will soon appear sites with the same design. If it’s an amateur blog, it’s okay (probably). If the stakes are the reputation of the company, worth thinking about.
- The size of the pages of the site. Often, website builders generate cumbersome HTML code. Page size increases from an average of 100 KB to 1 or even 10 MB. The speed of its loading increases, and users are not always waiting for it. Conversion thus suffers.
- Difficulties in editing. Constructor-generated HTML code overloaded with tags and styles. It is problematic to edit. Even an experienced programmer would prefer to create a site “from scratch”, only not to understand all the nuances of the existing one.
- Difficulties of scaling. The filling of the site is “adjusted” to the template structure. There are fields of a certain length, format. You may encounter a situation where the selected field will not be able to place the information/content that you want to convey to the target audience. But if you consider the speed at which designers are developing and improving, it can be assumed that in the near future, such a deficiency will not be.
- Payment in monthly installments. Using the constructor implies binding to a particular site. Over time, it can review the pricing policy is not in your favor, and you can not move the site to another.
- Promotion. Sites created on the basis of builders are limited in their ability to optimize and promote. The sites themselves often offer a range of SEO services, but for large portals, this is not enough. Working with the promotion agency, you may face a situation where the effectiveness of optimization will be insufficient. This will have a negative impact on the attendance of the resource.
When Is It Profitable to Use the Website Builders?
Weighing all the pros and cons, you can formulate the conditions under which the creation of the site with a constructor will be advisable.
- Testing a new niche/product;
- A simple site not for the purpose of increasing commercial benefits;
- Unwillingness to contact developers.