Cloud computing has a number of important benefits to offer nonprofit organisations in Australia, including some that could make a fairly significant financial impact. With this in mind, every nonprofit that has yet to migrate its IT systems to the Cloud should seriously consider doing so in the near future. If you are personally involved in deciding your organisation’s future IT path, the Cloud should figure large in your plans. Let’s now look at 5 specific ways in which a cloud solution could help your nonprofit organisation.
5 benefits you could enjoy when migrating to a cloud solution
Among the important benefits that cloud solutions in Sydney and other cities in Australia have to offer nonprofits in the country, the following are most commonly cited:
1. Productivity increases – The location independence of cloud services, coupled with their excellent security features, helps nonprofit employees to collaborate more effectively, no matter where they are in the world. With the ability to collaborate more effectively comes increases in productivity. A more productive workforce, as you will already know, can help nonprofits to stretch their limited budgets further than would otherwise be possible.
2. Extending the reach of educational programs – With the latest cloud learning management system (LMS) software, nonprofits, not just in Australia but right across the globe, have the ability to deliver educational programs with an international reach. Course content and materials can be tailored to meet the specific needs of different communities and nations, then delivered to individual students and groups of students via the cloud platform.
3. Lowering IT Costs – A well planned and well executed cloud migration has the potential to introduce meaningful cost savings. However, in order for this to be the case, you will need to make sure that the platform you choose and the resources you provision are not excessive when compared to your actual day-to-day needs. If you are able to achieve these goals, it should be possible to lower your annual ITspend after moving to the Cloud. With a cloud solution, you can scale your resources up and down as demand for services changes, which means you will always be able to adjust capacity to suit current operating conditions
4. Improved security – All of the best-known cloud service providers have made a major investment in security. As a result, cloud platforms offer some of the safest data storage and computing space available anywhere in the world today. With a far more secure environment in which to operate, your IT team will spend less time dealing with external threats and more time developing new and exciting applications.
5. Increasing donations – With a stable and secure cloud platform, you can run distributed fundraising software that enables you to connect with potential donors from all over the world. But more than simply connecting with them, you will be able to engage with potential donors in real time, thanks to the super high-speed connectivity offered by leading cloud platforms. This engagement, if properly managed, could lead to a marked increase in the number and size of donations received by your organisation on an annual basis.
When you consider the combined effect that all of the above benefits could offer your nonprofit organisation, now would seem to be the right time to explore cloud solutions in more detail.