Avast antivirus is a well-known antivirus with a huge number of downloads across the globe. Avast antivirus was awarded as the most popular antivirus in 2017. Avast is better than other plans as it is cost-effective and provides every tool which is necessary for device and internet security. People also prefer Avast antivirus as it also provides the freeware. You can easily install Avast on your device and use all the features easily. Avast also has an auto-renewal mode where your plan will get renewed automatically before expiration. This feature ensures that your device is always running under Avast protection. The money will get charged from your account. But if you don’t want to cancel Avast automatic renewal feature then you have to renew your Avast plan manually.
How to cancel Avast automatic renewal?
Your Avast will charge the subscription money a month before expiration. If you want to disable automatic renewal Avast then you must cancel subscription before a month. There are various methods of canceling the subscription according to your payment mode.
Disable Avast auto-renewal plan via Avast account
You can also cancel Avast renewal plan with your Avast dashboard. Follow the given steps for disabling Avast auto-subscription:
- Open your computer and click on the Avast icon
- Avast dashboard will appear on your screen
- Click on Avast account
- Click on Sign-in button
- Now enter your email and password for logging in your Avast account. Make sure you are entering the email that you have used for purchasing Avast antivirus.
- Click on Licenses tab
- Navigate to Your licenses button
- Click on the auto-renewal license button
- Hit the cancel auto-renewal button
- Press deactivate auto-renewal subscription button
Now your auto-renewal plan has been stopped. You will receive a confirmation mail on your email account. In case, you are unable to unsubscribe Avast account then you should seek other solutions.
Disable Avast renewal mode via Order portal
You can only use this method when you have purchased your Avast antivirus from the Digital River. Follow the steps given below to Avast stop auto-renewal:
- Open your digital river order portal and type your Avast order number and password
- You can find your order number on the email address you have provided while purchasing Avast
- Once you log in the account; click on manage subscription
- Now go to the automatic renewal page
- Toggle to button to Off
- Click on Disable Automatic Renewal button for the confirmation
Now your auto-renewal plan gets disabled. So, if you want to get another security plan then you can easily cancel Avast account after the expiry and install another antivirus. But make sure you receive a confirmation email that your auto-renewal plan is disabled.
In case you want to use Avast antivirus but don’t want auto-renewal mode then you have to renew your plan manually. Your Avast antivirus will start sending you expiry pop-up a month ahead of expiration. You can directly click on the pop-up and follow the on-screen instruction for renewing your Avast plan. If you are renewing your Avast plan 5 days before expiration then your remaining days will get added on the new subscription plan. You can also renew your Avast plan from your dashboard. Follow the given steps for renewing Avast antivirus:
- Open your Windows PC and click on Avast icon
- Avast dashboard will open on the screen
- Now click on sign-in button and enter your credentials for logging in to Avast account
- Click on subscription window
- Hit my subscription button
- You will get Activate my account button
- Hit the button and follow the on-screen wizards for renewing the plan.
How to ask for the Avast refund?
You can only ask for a refund within 30 days. There are many Avast plans that do not provide a refund. Check your Avast plan status and then ask for a refund. For Avast cancel subscription refund; you have to visit Avast support. Now you have to provide your name, order number, and the reason for the refund. Once you fill the whole form; recheck it and then hit the submit button. The Avast team will check all the details and then start the refund procedure.