Norton antivirus is known as people’s antivirus as it is the most preferable security program around the globe. Norton upgrades its plans according to the requirement. As the threats are becoming more and more dangerous, Norton antivirus is adding new features and tools which ensure that your device is protected from all new threats. Once you install Norton antivirus on your computer; you can exchange data, do online transactions, surf the internet, and perform all other tasks safely. Norton antivirus provides regular updates so your device can deal with all kinds of threats. Norton also ensures that your device is always protected by providing auto-renewal subscription.
Norton auto-renewal subscription renews your Norton antivirus a month before the expiration date. All the payment will be done from your credit card automatically. But if you don’t want to auto-renew your Norton antivirus then you can cancel Norton subscription. This will disable the auto-renewal plan but then you have to renew your Norton antivirus manually.
How to cancel Norton antivirus subscription?
Make sure your Norton antivirus plan has an auto-renewal mode as there are many Norton plans that don’t have an auto-renewal mode. Check your plan and then follow the given steps to cancel Norton antivirus auto-renewal mode:
- Open your PC and search for Norton antivirus on the web browser
- Click on Norton antivirus website
- Norton homepage will appear on the screen
- Now go to My Norton on the upper right-hand side
- Enter your Norton email address
- Enter the password
- Hit the login button
- You will be redirected to your Norton profile
- Click on My account tab
- My subscription page will appear on the screen
- Navigate to auto-renewal tab
- Toggle the button to off
- Click on confirm button
You can only disable your auto-renewal mode when you have a few days left for auto-renewal. In case your plan is renewed then you have to ask for a refund. You can ask for a Norton refund within 60 days only.
How to cancel a Norton Subscription?
If you cancel your Norton subscription then your device will be under Norton protection until your Norton plan expires. Once your Norton antivirus subscription expires then you have to renew your plan manually. Follow the given steps to cancel Norton subscription and get refund:
- Open your PC and click on the Norton dashboard
- Go to my account
- My subscription tab will appear on the screen
- You will get an auto-renewal button along with a date
- Toggle the auto-renewal button to disable
- Click on confirm button
In case, your plan gets auto-renewed and you want a refund then you have to contact the Norton support team. Fill the refund form and then the Norton team will proceed with the refund accordingly.
If you are disabling your Norton antivirus because you are not using that device anymore or you want to transfer the subscription to another device then you don’t have to worry about it. You can easily transfer your Norton plan with your Norton account. You don’t have to cancel Norton subscription plans. You can follow the given steps for transferring your Norton subscription to another device:
- Open your PC and search for Norton antivirus
- Visit Norton antivirus website
- Norton homepage will appear on your desktop
- Log in to your Norton account with your email address and password
Navigate to device security. Now you will get the names of the devices that have the Norton subscription. All the devices that are currently active will appear in red or green color. Follow the steps for transferring your Norton subscription:
- Open Norton account on the new device and click on the ellipse ion
- Norton’s menu bar will appear on the desktop
- Navigate to Manage license
- Now hit the Remove Norton button
- Tap the Next button
- Click on Yes button
- Click the Install on New Device button
- Tap the install now button
How to cancel your Norton multi-license subscription?
Norton antivirus provides a multi-license plan to the user. In this plan, you can install the Norton setup on your various devices (up to 10). A single plan will work on all the devices. Some Norton plans are platform-dependent where you can install the setup on only Windows devices. But the platform-independent plan of Norton allows the user to install the setup on every platform. Users can install the setup on Windows, Mac as well on phones. You create a primary Norton account on one device and then easily share the setup on other devices. After installing the setup on other devices, you can also the systems’ health score on your primary device. You can cancel the Norton subscription on one device and the renewal payment will change accordingly. In case you cancel the whole subscription then you can use the Norton subscription on all the devices till the expiry date.
Cancelling Norton subscription on one device
Open the browser and visit the Norton website click on the My Account
- Enter your Norton credentials
- Tap the Login button
- Your Norton profile will appear on the desktop
- Go to the My Account tab
- Now click on the subscription window
- You will see the list of devices
- Click on the device (you want to cancel your subscription)
- Tap the Cancel button
On the confirmation window; hit the confirm button. Now close the tab and now you can use the Norton on that plan until the current subscription expires. After expiry, the Norton plan on that device will not be renewed and the renewal bill appears accordingly.
Cancelling Norton subscription on all devices
You can cancel the subscription on all devices from your Norton account. You don’t need to cancel the Norton subscription on the device one by one. The user can directly cancel the subscription from the account or the primary device. Follow the steps to cancel Norton subscription from all devices:
- Open the Norton website on your browser
- Click on My Account
- Type the Norton email address
- Enter your password
- Login to your account
- On your profile, click on the subscription
- Click on the Norton auto-renewal tab
- Hit the Cancel button
- Norton subscription cancellation window will be displayed
- Tap the Confirm button
Your whole Norton bundle subscription will get cancelled. Now the user can use Norton premium tools until the subscription expires. After the expiry, your plan will not get auto-renewed.
Renewing the Norton plan manually
After the Norton expiry; the tools will stop working on your device. In case you want to use the Norton plan after the expiry (ever after months); you can easily renew the Norton antivirus subscription manually:
- Open the Norton antivirus dashboard
- Click on Reactivate
- Norton web page will be displayed
- On the Norton renewal page; click on the plan
- The shopping cart page will be displayed
Type your billing details and tap the Next button. After the payment; your Norton antivirus will get renewed and you can use it on your device reliably.
In case you want to install Norton antivirus on another device then you have to click on the Send Link button. But make sure your new device is compatible with the plan. You can’t use your Windows plan on a Mac device (except multi-license plan). If your device is compatible with the Norton plan then enter the email address and click on the send link button. Now open the email account on the device you want to install Norton. Click the link to run and follow all the given onscreen commands for completing the installation process.